Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Finer Points of an Effective Presentation

Rather than use Powerpoint, I constructed my presentation on Zoho.com, which Rob had directed me to. It might be interesting to compare Google tools with this open source office suite, as Rob had mentioned to me that several companies are using Zoho as their standard presentation software. I found there were some limitations to using this open source application, such as certain features like slide transitions that seemed not to be available. Although I find many of these features to distract from one's presentation, as I dread the time and energy students spend on including them when they offer no value to the overall presentation, given the nature of this assignment these features would have been helpful to incorporate as a demonstration of what not to do. Regardless, the finished presentation was converted to a .ppt file.

http://www.slideshare.net/brentharrington

No comments:

Post a Comment